I skipped going grocery shopping, again, so that I could come home and make the Pecan Praline Crunch I want to take to my friend's house tomorrow night. A friend who moved away at least 5 years ago is having a little open house at the B&B she's staying at so her friends can drop in and out all evening. She asked people to bring snacks and drinks and I've been looking for an excuse to make this.
Praline Pecan Crunch
1 box Quaker Oat Squares - 16 oz.
2 cups pecan halves
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1) Combine cereal and pecans in large glass bowl. Spray 13x9 glass pyrex dish with cooking spray. Transfer cereal/pecan mixture to dish.
2) Combine honey, corn syrup, brown sugar and butter in 2-cup bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
4) Microwave again for 1 1/2 minutes until it boils.
5) Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
6) Pour over cereal/nut mixture. Stir to coat.
7) Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
8) Stir every 20 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and spread out on foil to cool.
10) Break into small pieces.
11) Store in air tight container.