The emeraldswan Fic-a-thon
We have had so many ficathons in the past and while challenging and entertaining, they were for our own amusement.
Now we have a chance to make a real difference in a friends life, on and offline. As some of you know Emmy’s laptop died, taking with it all her original and fanfic, images, icons and manips. She is heartbroken and cannot get a replacement anytime soon.
We can, however, make a difference. By signing up and committing your time and considerable talents we can raise the funds needed to get a new PC to someone who has been a steadfast friend to so many of us.
Not only is it the time of giving, with Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, Yule, whatever you celebrate, but this is also a time to pull together and help those in need. While we understand that a new PC isn't a technical 'need', we do want to help out.
Please join the cause and gather your pledges. The time approaches.
1. Authors have until 12/24/04 to join the swan_a_thon LJ community at http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=swan_a_thon
2. Authors must obtain a minimum of one pledge and post their pledges to the community prior to the start of the ficathon. There will be a post on the community where all pledges should be posted as a comment.
3. Pledge posts should include, author name or LJ user id, pledge name (or LJ user id) and email address, and pledge amount per completed fic.
4. More than one pledge may be posted in a comment as long as they are for the same author.
5. Minimum pledge is $1.00 per completed fic.
6. Pledge postings will take place from Saturday, December 18, 2004 to Friday, midnight PST December 25, 2004.
7. Authors will have one week from the end of the pledging period to write as many fics as possible during this week.
8. All fic must be 500 words or more.
9. All pairings and fandoms are welcome (especially Jossverse and Harry Potter since those are two of Emmy’s favorites) but we do request that fic contributed to the Emeraldswan Fic-a-thon contain no incest or rape.
10. Authors must post all fic before then ficathon ends on January 1, 2005 at midnight PST. Posting access will be removed at that time.
11. Fics will be reviewed to see if they are completed by the moderators
12. Once a count of fic per author is achieved, persons who pledged will be notified via email with payment instructions.
13. All payments will be made to a Paypal account on behalf of Emmy.
14. All payments are requested to be received within 5 days of notification.
15. All proceeds are to be used to purchase a desktop or laptop. Paypal’s fees will be automatically deducted from each transaction. Paypal accepts only credit card and checking account payments. Pledges will need one of these in order to render payment.
16. An account summary will be provided once all payments are received and the item purchased and shipped.
If you have any questions, please contact the moderators cafedemonde or claudia6913.